Amba’s Equity Analyst Training Program, designed by four former heads of research at leading global investment banks, is a 10-day classroom training program accredited by the CFA Institute as part of its CFA-Approved Provider Program. Participants receive 40 hours of Continuing Education credit.
More than 1,000 analysts have undergone the Amba Training Program that covers the basics of financial modeling, valuation, and investment report writing. The classroom-based training program is administered by Amba’s dedicated team of capital markets practitioners and CFA charter holders. Since 2009, on numerous occasions, Amba’s sell-side clients have requested the training team to conduct this program as a training boot camp for their analyst/associate level new hires.
The boot-camp training assignments we have carried out for sell-side clients include:
- Training a batch of 13 new associates joining a global sell-side firm’s Mumbai unit in 2009
- Regular training of new analyst hires for Sri Lanka’s largest captive pension fund – the EPF
- Training 30 new associates in Ghana, Nigeria, and Kenya on behalf of capital markets firms since 2012
The primary areas of focus include:
- Assessing industry attractiveness
- Financial modeling
- Equity valuation techniques
- Writing effective investment notes
Assessing industry attractiveness: Focuses on evaluating industry attractiveness using the Porter’s Five Forces model and by identifying a company’s sweet spot within the industry.
Financial modeling: Targets to improve participants’ skills in building a complete earnings model, including detailed revenue and cost drivers, sensitivity analysis, and defensible earnings estimate.
Equity valuation techniques: Covers absolute valuation and relative valuation techniques. Participants will be taken though real-life case studies for hands-on experience using multiple valuation techniques to set target prices.
Investment note writing: Covers writing techniques required for an effective investment thesis. Principles of logic and structure, useful in the development of a strong thesis and in the formulation of a hypothesis-driven argument, will be discussed.
Amba training advantages are
- A focused design relevant to investment bankers
- Real-life case studies with hands-on model building, valuation, and report writing exercises
- Reinforcement of a best-in-class investment banking culture through attention to detail, critical thinking, and meeting deadlines
Amba’s 10-day Equity Analyst Training Program receives 40 CE credit hours as part of the CFA Approved Provider Program.
Amba's Equity Analyst Training Program is now available on our innovative e-Learning platform to enable you to undergo industry analysis training in a self-paced and a highly interactive online environment. Click here for details.